Product test: Doll’d up mascara (Seventeen)


In my last beauty post, I blogged about the current contents of my makeup bag and mentioned this mascara, that I hadn’t yet used. Well I’ve tried it out for your viewing pleasure, so here are my thoughts.
I’m a Boots advantage card holder, so got a voucher to purchase this mascara for £2 (the voucher lasts until June 2013, I do believe), but it currently sells in Boots for £6.29. To be honest, that’s the usual amount I would spend and swear by Maybelline mascaras from the falsies range.
Seventeen has recently been rebranded and I don’t normally buy products from the brand, especially eye makeup. But for £2 I could not resist and the bottle, as you can see is simple and cute – there’s no need for lots of text and the colours are plain but bold. The bow detail is really adorable and gives the product that Betty Boop feel, which I love! It’s just really girly!

What Seventeen say:
Create show stopping eye drama this season with seventeen’s new ‘doll’d up’ mascara. With special lash lifting 24-hour curl & volume benefits and an anti-clump brush, you can make sure that your lashes stay firmly in the limelight.Seventeen’s ‘doll’d up’ mascara uses a curved brush specially designed to give you a fabulous set of doll like lashes to super-charge your cheeky side this winter for amazing volume and curl without clumping. Create a beautiful overstated wide-eyed look, by applying to your top and bottom lashes. With up to 24 hours of staying power you can flutter your lashes all day and night.
What I say:
I love the shape of the bottle and it’s easy to hold without smudging or spoiling your makeup. I’m also a fan of the brush: it’s a good size, the curve works well for both top and bottom lashes, and I love that fact it’s plastic/rubber as I don’t generally get on well with bristle brushes. While it didn’t make my lashes thicker, they were longer and definitely held their curl (I don’t use eyelash curlers!) – it didn’t last 24 hours though. That said, I didn’t feel thick or clumpy and my lashes weren’t left looking spidery either, so in that respect it was a success! I don’t think I’d pay full-price for this mascara when there are so many on the market for a similar price, or what I’d personally call ‘better’. But for a one-off and for the discount I got, I’m reasonably happy. I’ve heard good things about their new eyeliner as well, so I may have to give that a try – and if you’re a Boots advantage card holder, I’d certainly recommend giving this a try!

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig