Payday splurge*: Boohoo


*I say splurge – I spent under £50 and got free delivery!
Boohoo is to casual everyday clothes, what AX Paris is to dresses and Ciaté is to nail varnish – I love it. I’ve never had any problems, barring one incident with a bralet, and everything is always so affordable – and good quality, considering the prices. When it comes to work clothes, I’m definitely a dress/skirt kinda girl; the only trousers I ever wear are leggings (it’s so difficult being a size 10 with a big bum!). I found myself wearing the same things over and over again for work, so bought a few bits on Boohoo, which I’m now going to blog about.
Lydia Dogtooth Skater Dress
£12 (was £18)
I would never dream of wearing a colour as daring as lime green, but I loved the contrast between that and the black in this classic dogtooth pattern. The dress is so comfy and perfect for a day in the office – adding a pop of colour to a usually drab outfit. I’m really not keen on the belt, which as you’d expect is quite cheap looking. I wear my own though, so this isn’t too much of a problem. The material doesn’t get creased either, which is always a plus, as a lot of my clothes go from desk, to chair, to floor! I also received a couple of compliments from my colleagues, which is lovely.
Julia Box Pleat Sleeveless Skater Dress
£12
You may see a pattern emerging, but I’m loving the skater style skirts at the minute. I chose this dress because of the bold block colour – it’s available in a number of shades and I’m already considering adding to my collection and only £12, it’d be rude not to. If you’re wondering, ‘mustard’ is next on my list. I’ve never been one for reds and purples but since dying my hair darker, I’ve found I’ve been wearing a lot more dark colours and rusts. I chose this in berry and it’s a beautiful colour and fit. Again, it’s got one of the not-so-good belts, but I have so many, I often jazz it up with a different one.
Carmel Georgette and Lace Sleeveless Blouse
£10 (was £18)
and
Jessica Scuba Skater Skirt
£8
Again, another bright colour with this purchase – a neon pink blouse with cute lace detail around the neck and shoulders. I was tempted by the blue but thought a white skirt is never a good idea. Once I’d decided on the blouse I knew I wanted a new black skirt to go with it – I have so many in my wardrobe, but you can never have too many staples, particularly in a colour like black. I wore the blouse tucked into the skirt, high-waisted style and the elasticated band in perfect for wearing either around your waist or around your hips. When you’re in an office where black is often a predominant colours, it’s always nice to wear a brighter colour and a couple of people commented on the vibrancy of the blouse.
Because of the prices, it’s so easy to stock up on necessities and other basic items and you don’t feel as bad when things get ripped or torn – not that I’ve had any problems. With payday just around the corner, a new bag is next on my agenda and I’m really struggling with what to get, suggestions would be most welcome.
What colours and trends are you currently loving?
 

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig