Beauty: Skin Care


It’s only recently that I’ve got myself into a routine, when it comes to skin care. I think the winter months and mix of heating in the car and air-con at work have taken their toll on my face. Only now have I realised the importance of keeping skin hydrated and looking fresh. For the last couple of months I’ve been religiously applying products daily and I’ve definitely reaped the benefits – hopefully I can keep it up.
Simple Kind to Skin purifying cleansing lotion - £2.99
Simple Kind to Skin soothing facial toner - £2.99
Simple Kind to Skin hydrating light moisturiser - £3.99
 
Cleanse, tone & moisturise
These products were two for £4 in Sainsbury’s, so I stocked up – also buying the eye makeup remover (but more about that later!). I never realised before how little of each product you actually need, so they do last ages. Plus it’s so easy to get into a routine of applying each every morning – I always do mine as soon as I wash my face. Had these not been on offer, I don’t think I’d have known where to start, but I’ve heard good things about Simple and now definitely recommend these.
Simple Kind to Eyes eye makeup remover - £3.25
Nivea Daily Essentials refreshing cleansing wipes - £2.99
Removing makeup
The Simple eye makeup remover is my go-to product. I wear quite a lot of dark eye makeup for work and tonnes of mascara – it removes it all with ease. Unlike other products, it doesn’t irritate or sting the eyes. I use this every night before bed, or sometimes if I’ve forgotten to take my makeup off properly after a bath or shower.
Now I’m not a fan of face wipes as I often find they don’t actually remove my makeup and instead, leave my face dirty, spreading foundation everywhere (yuk!). This is why I love Nivea wipes so much – their bumpy surface is just perfect for removing makeup and cleansing skin. They leave my skin feeling soft and looking clean and for that reason, they’re a winner.
Soap & Glory Peaches & Clean 3-in-1 wash off deep purifying cleanser - £8.00
Body Shop warming mineral mask - £10.00
Weekly treats
I love to treat myself to a face mask once a week and after trying the Montagne Jeunesse masque sauna my mum let me have her bottle of this warming mask by The Body Shop. You only need to leave it on for five minutes so it’s perfect to leave on while running a bath, and the warming effect works straight away. Once rinsed, my skin feels so soft and looks revitalised – it’s a miracle product and definitely worth pampering yourself weekly with.
Body Shop body scrub - £12.50 for 200ml (pictured is 100ml from a gift set)
Dove Purely Pampering body cream - £4.99
Body
I try and exfoliate three times a week and swear by The Body Shop’s range of scrubs. Pictured is the coconut one, which I’m yet to try and I previously tried the chocomania variety. I swear by the cocoa butter one though and often use the moisturiser as well. However, I think I may have found my new favourite.
My new love is this moisturiser by Dove and it’s now part of my daily routine, after showering. When I first saw this in Superdrug for half price (RRP £4.99), I could not resist – and I’ve been buying it ever since. The combination of shea butter and sweet vanilla is just gorgeous and it leaves my skin feeling super soft – I definitely recommend it!
Which products do you use as part of a daily routine? And do you have any recommendations for me?

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig