Hair care: my products


A fortnight ago I blogged about my skincare routine. To follow on from that, I thought I’d share the products I use on my hair.
Pantene Pro-V strength & shine shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair (£2.99 each)
Because my hair is always coloured (although at this precise moment it could do with being re-done and cut!), I always have to rely on a colour protect shampoo and conditioner. I love the smell of the Pantene one, it’s affordable and it leaves my hair colour-rich and shiny. In the summer months when I revert to my natural blonde ways, I use John Frieda sheer blonde everlasting shampoo and conditioner (£5.99 each). Recommended by my hairdresser, they may be a little more pricy, but it’s only for a couple of months and it’s worth every penny! I also use Umberto Giannini dazzle shine products once a week. You can read more about them, here.
For those in between days, I love the Batiste (£2.99) range of dry shampoos. My favourite is the cherry scented, although I’m currently using the tropical, which makes my car smell like piña colada. I know a lot of people who say they can’t use dry shampoo, but I love it. I can still wear my hair down and it adds so much volume, it’s a win-win situation. If I’m having a splurge, I do love Lee Stafford original dry shampoo – the smell is lovely!
I blow dry and straighten my hair every other day, so Schwarzkopf got to b guardian angel heat defence spray (£3.99) is a must-have in my drawer! It protects hair up to 220oc, has a nice fragrance and leaves my hair looking and feeling a whole lot healthier. Obviously, my ends are still split but my hair used to be so badly damaged from over-straightening and this has worked wonders.
The Keratase serums are also one of my favourite products of the moment. I’m currently alternating between the versatile beautifying oil and immortal moringa for damaged hair elixirs (£35.50 for 125ml). I often use them as a finishing product, but if I’m not in a rush and properly blow drying my hair straight, I’ll apply it to wet hair. You only need one pump so they last forever – and well worth investing in. I love the smell of the green one, it reminds me of a perfume, but I can’t think what!
And finally, once a week I will treat my hair to the Herbal Essences bee strong mask (£4.79).  It’s so nourishing and perfect for keeping hair looking healthy. The rich honey and apricot smell is just lush. My ends are quite brittle but a weekly use of this works miracles! Alternatively, I also like the beautiful ends intensive mask with its gorgeous raspberry aromas.
Which products could you not live without?

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig