OOTN: Dinner at Alec’s


A fortnight ago on Friday we went out for dinner as a family. As it was a special occasion (congrats Robbie on graduating and the new job!) we went to Alec’s at Navestock for the first time. I’d heard good things and some say it’s a lot better than Smith’s, so I spent ages planning my outfit. The restaurant is very formal and to keep with its elegance and minimal colour scheme, I decided to wear white.
Dress: Rare // Shoes: AX Paris // Jewellery: Primark
The shift dress is basically TOWIE inspired – the title on the website is Chloe Sims wears cream shift dress with PU detail front – could I be any more Essex? White isn’t a colour I wear often, which is one of the reasons I chose it. I also love the detailing, which I’m really hoping doesn’t fade after several washes. The material is so light, which would make it ideal for a daytime garden party or barbecue; but I think it’s more suited to eveningwear. How good is it gonna look with a tan?!
The shoes I bought last year for a friend’s wedding and my work’s awards do and I still love them – but who doesn’t love a pair of white stilettos? During the summer, other than when I’m at work, I live in peep-toes, which means always having pedi-perfect feet.
I can see this being my outfit of the summer and I really want to wear it when I go out this weekend – although I’m a bit wary about wearing in quick succession. It’s also so nice when you buy something new and instantly fall in love with it, especially when it’s something you wouldn’t usually choose.
What were you wearing at the weekend?

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig