Degustabox | May Box


I was so busy writing up my holiday posts that I totally forgot to review May’s Degustabox – in fact I’m so late, June’s box arrived on my doorstep at the end of last week. May’s box wasn’t themed but contained a really good variety of products.

·         A bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s honey barbecue sauce
·         A packet of Schwartz red wine & garlic marinade in a bag
·         Two packets of Maggi So Stirfry noodles
·         A box of 9 Bar Fruity bars
·         A box of Daelman’s Stroopwafels
·         A bottle of Sarson’s balsamic vinegar
·         A packet of Slim Pasta lasagne
·         A carton of Green Coco coconut juice with banana
·         A box of Fuel 10k wheat biscuits
The first two products are definitely for the health conscious among us. I’d been meaning to try 9 Bars for ages, having previously seen bits here and there on social media and searching the web. They’re basically bars packed full of fruit, nuts and seeds, containing natural sugars to boost energy. I wasn’t a fan of the fruit variety which was in the Degustabox, but I’d definitely still be inclined to try another flavour. At just over 200kcal, they make a great alternative for those seeking breakfast on the go. Talking of breakfast, the Fuel 10k protibricks are basically Weetabix with added protein and less sugar/salt. I’ve been eating mine with blueberries or strawberries and the tiniest drizzle of honey. They’ve kept me full until lunchtime and in all, I’ve been so impressed with this product.
Every month, there’s a product you can share with your family and the May box was no different. The Maggi So Strifry noodles make a meal for four in minutes – all you need is some extra fresh ingredients. I’m yet to try the 3 spice chicken noodles, but the Singapore ones were lovely. I added chicken, prawns, carrots, peppers, spring onions and beansprouts to mine and then stir-fried the noodles after boiling them (as per the instructions). They were a huge hit with my parents and brother too! The Slim Pasta is something I’ve heard mixed reviews about but never tried. I’m yet to sample the lasagne but I’m sure when I do, I’ll take to Twitter to give my thoughts. In fact, if it’s decent, I’ll blog a recipe!
Sweet treats this month included a box of caramel waffle-style biscuits, by Daelman’s. Similar to the Fox’s ones or even the ones you can buy in Starbucks, these are not only amazing straight from the packet, but even better when you rest them on the rim of your mug for a minute or two. Or, if you can’t wait, 20 seconds in the microwave should do the job – they go all soft and gooey. Unfortunately, they’re far too moreish and don’t last long in our house! No kids chez Waldon anymore, but the coconut juice with banana cartons would be perfect in a packed lunch. A healthy alternative to fruit juice, the flavour was strong and was so refreshing. You could even freeze them to make ice lollies.
I’m still ploughing through the BBQUE barbecue sauce from March’s box, but I can’t wait to try the honey barbecue sauce by Sweet Baby Ray. As well as the full size bottle, we were treated to a sample sachet of the original barbecue sauce. Are we ever gonna have barbecue season, I fancy some ribs and chicken! Since coming back from Italy, I’ve been obsessed with balsamic vinegar, although it’s nowhere near as good as some of the local varieties I tried. You can’t go wrong Sarson’s though! And finally, yet another product I’ve not tried, although I’m hoping to cook with it this week and it’s the Schwartz marinade in a bag. I’m loving these kinds of products at the moment, as they’re so easy to use, fuss- and mess-free and the meat always cooks really well, evenly. I’m thinking beef, with mash and veg... what did you cook with yours?


No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig