June favourites

Monthly Favourites, LBloggers, Rare London, Escada, Benefit, Mark Hill, Jojo Moyes, Me Before You, Floral, Summer, Holiday
Monthly Favourites, LBloggers, Rare London, Escada, Benefit, Mark Hill, Jojo Moyes, Me Before You, Floral, Summer, Holiday
With it being holiday season, it’s only right I begin with the gorgeous shampoo and conditioner I took to Mallorca with me. I bought the Mark Hill Holiday Hair Sunshine shampoo (£1.99 | 50ml) and Sunset conditioner (£1.99 | 50ml) miniatures as they were the perfect hand luggage size and enough for five nights. My hair isn’t in the best condition as it is, but with sun, sea and chlorine, it gets much worse. Thankfully, this protects it from the elements and it looked healthier – and not so dry. The scent is what I’d call ‘holiday in a bottle’ which is so lush and long-lasting. The conditioner is so nourishing and also helps lock my colour in.

The next product is one I didn’t think I’d like and one I’d heard so many mixed reviews about – and it’s the Benefit Goof Proof brow pencil (£18.50). I received mine in Elle magazine (in shade 2, which is the tiniest bit too dark for me). I’m not the biggest fan of Benefit make up and find it’s so over-priced for what it actually is, which is weird as I like their skincare products. I was so impressed with the ease of application and with one swipe, my brows were filled in. It’s also an easy product to blend, if needed – and stays put all day. I would buy this again, but probably opt for the lightest shade (1).

Summer and holidays aren’t complete with a cute floral get-up and I absolutely love this co-ord I bought from Rare London two years ago. When I bought it, I was a bit bigger than I am currently, so was really paranoid about wearing it – but now I’m close to target, I’m loving it. I wish I could wear it every day, because not only is it super cute, it’s also comfortable. Because of the print, it doesn’t need to be accessorised and it’s perfect for day or night.

This holiday edit continues with one of my favourite perfume brands, Escada. I am obsessed with their limited edition scents and the gorgeous bottles they come in. Rockin Rio will always be my favourite, but I’ve been using the 2013 release Cherry in the Air (£23.95 | 30ml) loads recently. Because it’s a 30ml bottle, I tend to only use it on holiday and pack it in my hand luggage – which is why it’s still half full. Like all other Escada fragrances, it’s fruity and fun – and despite the obvious cherry notes, the perfume also contains sandalwood and marshmallow.

Finally, I’ve been reading Jojo Moyes’ Me Before You (£3.85 or 3 for £10) and I cannot put it down! I started reading it months ago and then forgot about it. I’m desperate to see the film now it’s out, so decided to start reading it on holiday and I’m already halfway through. It’s such a beautifully written story, but also triggers every emotion. I’ve heard so many people say how sad it is in parts, although I haven’t actually been forced to tears yet. Please let me know if you preferred the book or film!

What were your June favourites?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig