Sunday Snapshots #14


What another gorgeous week it’s been; have you all been making the most of the sunshine?
Dad cooked dinner on Monday and this was almost a note to myself to blog the recipe at some point! It’s a teriyaki beef and udon noodle broth with pak choi and cashews, and the photo doesn’t do it justice at all! The first time he made it, I didn’t try it – and definitely missed out!
Tuesday was dad’s birthday and with everyone at work, we had to wait until the weekend to do something special. I did put a candle in his slice of cake at 4pm, but we waited until mum was home to do cards and presents. She even bought a chocolate fudge cake as well, which was delicious!
It seems Wednesdays are the days when something good happens. I had an interview this week, in Covent Garden. My dress is from Oasis and I bought it to wear for my graduation (nearly two years ago – eek!). The location was great, just opposite the station so in the middle of everything! It seems like the kinda place I’d like to work, I got a good vibe and loved the London buzz. I’ve not heard back yet, so we’ll see how it goes...
I bought yet more dvds this week, so my Thursday night was spent snuggled up in bed, with snacks, watching a film. I wanted to watch Gnomeo and Juliet when it was out at the cinema, but on reflection, I couldn’t work out whether I enjoyed it or not. It wasn’t bad, but I didn’t really know what to expect. As always, I had a bowl of popcorn close to my side – Metcalfe’s sweet n salt topcorn; it’s amazing!
So like I said, we waited until the weekend to celebrate dad’s birthday. He chose The Raj in Brentwood, his favourite Indian restaurant. Obviously not being a curry fan, I had chicken tikka and salad, with a little bit of rice. I even drove to the restaurant, but my brother drove home – I still don’t feel very confident and need plenty of practise!  It was lovely for the four of us to go out, as we don’t often and we’re rarely all at home together!

I hope you all had a good weekend. Until next Sunday...

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig