Sunday Snapshots #19


The nights are getting darker and I’m starting to consider the dreaded ‘C’ shopping. Got so much to look forward to in November...

On Monday I took some easy baking into work. I decided on cornflake and rice krispie cakes, as let’s be honest, everyone loves them! We have a snack desk which is constantly in large supply, it’s a wonder I’m not obese! The cakes went down well which was nice, I’m trying to work out what to make next. I’m going to be baking my snickerdoodles nearer to Christmas – and you can find that recipe here.
Also on Monday, our front garden was hit by the storm. To be honest, it could have been a lot worse and the rest of Brentwood was also badly affected. This little tree went down and by the time I got home from work, it had already been taken down to the tip. My journey to work was surprisingly okay though. I hate storms.
I planned to wear my new blouse and skirt from Boohoo this week as I hadn’t yet tried them on. Because of this, I painted my nails to match my outfit – going with black (as it goes with everything) and then an accent nail with this beautiful neon pink by BarryM. I love the crackle effect which almost resembles snakeskin although I managed to smudge both nails and couldn’t be bothered to redo them. I really want to try my colourfoil manicure this week if I have time.
Friday night my parents and I went to the local theatre to watch Deathtrap, based on Ira Levin’s play. We often go to the Queens Theatre around this time of the year and it never disappoints. Last year we went to see ‘The Hound of the Baskervilles’ and there’s often a thriller on for the Halloween/autumn season. We arrived early enough to have a drink in the bar and I went for the themed cocktail which contained vodka, crème de cassis, pomegranate juice and soda water – it was this rather gory colour but was delicious. It was a good night and I’ll be blogging about the play soon.
This weekend was my best friend’s engagement party. She lives in Shropshire and I’d not seen her since her surprise 21st in September 2011, so understandably, was really looking forward. She hadn’t met Jake yet and I hadn’t met Heather so it was a lovely occasion. We got the train from Euston on the Saturday and had a hotel room booked for the night, before coming home this afternoon. It was nice to have everyone together for such a special evening – although I may have had too much wine...
I hope you all had a good weekend and weren’t too badly affected by the storms earlier in the week!

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig