Skinny dinners: chicken


I recently blogged about a couple of my favourite recipes involving my marinade for soy and ginger salmon. For those interested, I also make a similar marinade for chicken and the best thing about this is, it’s even more versatile! All you will need for the basics are:
  • A chicken breast
  • 3 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp honey
  • ½ tsp chilli flakes
Here are my two favourite recipes:
Chicken noodle soup
  • Cut the chicken into bitesize pieces and leave to marinade for 15 minutes
  • Fry the chicken until browned
  • Cook one nest of dried fine egg noodles
  • Add the chicken to the cooked noodles
  • At the last minute, add a handful of salad leaves and one chopped spring onion
  • Serve once the leaves start to wilt
Or omit the water and make chicken noodles for a quick and easy dinner; I prefer a spicy broth though
Chicken and vegetable brown rice
  • Cook 40g brown rice in a vegetable oxo as per the instructions on the packet
  • Leave the chicken to marinade for 15 minutes and then fry until browned
  • Add vegetables of your choice (I often just use 80g of frozen mixed veg) and combine with the rice
  • Serve the rice in a ring with the chicken in the middle, or in a mound with the chicken on top
I also love using the marinade as a salad dressing and cook the chicken plain. While also carb-free, I love to make chicken and vegetable skewers with peppers and courgettes. Just brush the marinade on the chicken and veg, grill et voila!
It’s definitely my favourite creation, spicy and sweet and so simple to make.
Will you be giving these recipes a go?

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig