Sunday Snapshots #25

Brightening up Monday mornings with a selfie! When I got ready for work on Monday, my hair wouldn’t go right at all, in fact I had a mare with my fringe. In the end I just brushed it all forward and sprayed in place, to look like I had a full-fringe. After a couple of compliments at work, including one person who thought I’d had my hair done again, I really want to get it cut in properly. Plus I’m in desperate need of dying my mane!
On Tuesday, my order from Latest in Beauty arrived. I bought the Glamour Beauty Edit box for myself and bought my mum the Ultimate Pampering Kit box for my mum, for Mother’s Day. I can’t remember now how and when I found out about Latest in Beauty, but it’s such a clever concept. Even though you have to register to see most of the website and create your own boxes, it’s well worth it.
I’ve been meaning to have a sort out and proper spring clean for ages, so I was thrilled to come home from work to find that my dad (and brother) had assembled my shoe rack. I managed to throw a few pairs out in the process and this addition to my room adds a pop of colour, as well as keeping my organisation skills in check. I always wear the same shoes, particularly for driving, but now they’re on display, I’m sure I’ll be changing them more regularly.
I painted my nails again on Friday and went for this nude/beige shade because I had planned my outfit for Saturday. I previously tested out my Essie polishes (and expect a post on those soon!) but fancied a change; I get bored so quickly. I think I’ll be keeping this shade a lot longer as I want a neutral shade for when I’m in Barcelona, to go with my outfits. I used to love Models Own but I find the smell quite overbearing now. That said, their polishes have quite a good longevity.
I went to Cambridge on Saturday as Barnet were playing away. It was my first league game this season so it was great to see friends and old faces. It also helped that the weather was gorgeous, we sat outside at the pubs – most of the boys were in shorts too! It was a long day, despite not being that far from home and there was nothing better than coming home, kicking off my boots, eating some Thai Box noodles and settling down in bed to MOTD. I’m getting old...
For Mother’s Day we went to my Nan’s in the morning for a couple of hours before returning home. We had a lazy day after that – mum had work to do, dad fell asleep in front of the football and I’ve been planning posts. As mentioned earlier, I bought my mum a Latest in Beauty box, as well as some gorgeous handmade chocolates from Waitrose. My brother cooked dinner, which was roast lamb – mum’s favourite.
I hope you (and your mums) had a lovely weekend. What did you get up to?

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig