OOTD: Cambridge all-dayer


I haven’t bought new clothes in ages, but after seeing a pair of leggings on New Look, I ended up buying a lot more than I planned – luckily the majority of it was in the sale. I planned on wearing a lot of the new bits when I went to Cambridge a fortnight ago and decided on my outfit the night before.  I wasn’t too sure what the weather was going to be like and thankfully I wasn’t too hot, but also glad for the light jacket in the evening when the temperature dropped. This is what I went for:
Top, leggings, boot, ring – New Look *** Jacket – AX Paris *** Bag – Ted Baker
I can’t stop buying peplum at the moment and find it so flattering for my body type. Although this colour will be perfect for autumn, it’s not too bad for spring either – and was an absolute steal at £5. I also bought a long-sleeved top in the same colour for work, which I’ve already paired with both my high-waisted leather look skirt and my cream lace skater style skirt.
My boots were definitely the pick of the haul – and I still cannot believe they were only £10; what a bargain! I’m terrible with shoes in between seasons, I still with pumps for work but outside of that, I’m useless. I mean it’s far too hot for chunky boots but too cold for sandals. These were comfy enough to wear all day, particularly when a lot of walking was involved and my feet weren’t too hot in them either.
When I was at Uni, costume jewellery was a must when accessorising, but these days I normally just stick to my charm bracelet and a pair of earrings. I’ve been wanting a statement necklace for ages, but I’m yet to take the plunge and buy one. As soon as I saw this ring online, I knew I had to have it. It definitely made this outfit. Unfortunately, I’m a total novice with ring sizes and despite buying it in medium, it only fits two of my fingers. Luckily it was only cheap, so I’m not too fussed.
I’m now on the hunt for a two-piece, a jumpsuit and some floral bits and pieces.
What are you loving this spring?

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig