Sunday Snapshots #32


Tuesday was mum’s birthday and with everyone having work the next day, we ended up just celebrating at home with a Pizza Express takeaway. We ordered dough balls, cheesy garlic bread, an American Hot and a Pollo ad Astra between the four of us. It was definitely my cheat day and as I’d had salad the last time, I completely destroyed four slices!
I’m loving sweet potato at the moment and although I normally eat it in homemade fries format, I had one baked – and it was SO much nicer than your average baked potato. I had it with a chicken breast (drizzled with an orange blossom and mustard glaze) and mixed salad leaves. I feel so much better when I’m eating clean.
On Friday I took the day off work to take mum out for lunch as a birthday treat. As my car was having its MOT and service, I was without Percy and so we went for a walk around the village to the pub. It was so nice to spend some time with mum as we’re always busy in the evenings and weekends – and it was lovely to be able to treat her as well. Lunch was very nice and I’ll be blogging about it soon.
In the evening, we went to Alec’s Restaurant at Navestock for a family meal. It was a big occasion, celebrating both my parents’ birthdays and brother’s graduation. I wore my new Rare dress with AX Paris white heels (hello Essex girl stereotype!) and it was such a fab evening. The food was absolutely incredible, but unfortunately it was far too nice for me to keep whipping my phone out to take pictures.
On Saturday, I finally got my hair coloured and cut. Because I was going out in the evening to celebrate a friend’s birthday, I asked Ben to blow dry it curly and it’s even kept today – I’m hoping it will be the same tomorrow for work too. I love going blonde in the summer, although the sun always bleaches my hair. I always love Ben’s cuts and am so pleased with my new look.
Vain I know, but I loved my outfit today. It was so summery and just unlike me! As soon as I finish my first course of Your Tea, I’ll definitely be buying more and then wear crop tops more often – that stuff works wonders: it’s given me so much confidence and really helped my constant food baby look. I hadn’t worn my white jeans (Next) for ages either. I went to say good luck to some of Jake’s friends who are cycling from Ipswich to Berlin to raise money for St. Elizabeth hospice (you can find out more here).
Did you have a good weekend?

4 comments

  1. Gorgeous outfits and that chicken looked delicious! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin, if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted. Thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm following back now xx

      Delete
  2. You look lovely! I love your new hair colour too.

    Also, the chicken looks and sounds incredible! Was it a homemade glaze?

    I'd be really interested to hear about your experience with TinyTea too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. Was worried it wouldn't look as good straight (wish I could curl my own hair).
      I wish I could pass that chicken off as my own, but it was Sainsbury's Just Cook range.
      And I keep meaning to blog about TinyTea - might wait until I've finished the first box, although I'll definitely be buying more :) xx

      Delete

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig