I Quit Sugar | Cheesy biscuits


I found this recipe in the savoury snacks section of the recipe book and as a big fan of cheese twists, I decided to give them a go. As they use coconut flour, the texture is quite dense, meaning you’re full after a couple. They are chewy rather than crispy or crunchy, but I can’t work out whether I like them or not. The recipe makes 18.
 Ingredients
  • 50g almond meal/flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 60g melted butter
  • pinch of chilli flakes or paprika (I went for paprika)
  • 225g grated cheese
  • 50g coconut flour
Method
  • preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
  • combine the almond meal/flour, eggs, butter, cheese and seasoning in a bowl
  • add the coconut flour and knead, to form a ball
  • form the dough in walnut size balls and put on a tray
  • flatten each so that they’re 1cm thick and cook for 20 minutes, turning halfway
I used cheddar cheese and grated some red Leicester on the top to add a bit of colour – and to crisp them up. Helpful tip:  if the mixture is too dry, add another egg; if it’s too wet, add more flour.

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig