I Quit Sugar | Chai apple crumble muesli



I’m forever looking for interesting ideas for breakfast and brunch, as a bowl of cereal or slice of toast simply doesn’t cut it. This recipe combines breakfast with dessert and is a sugar-free variation on a favourite of mine, the traditional apple crumble. This could easily serve six, but I had five portions – one for every week day.
Ingredients
·         3 apples, peeled and chopped
·         160ml water
·         6 tsp cinnamon
·         3 tsp  ginger
·         1 ½ tsp nutmeg
·         30g chopped nuts
·         135g rolled oats
·         3 tbs butter

Method
·         Put the water, apple and spices in a saucepan and simmer until softened
·         Rub together the oats and butter to form a crumble
·         Place the apple in an oven proof fish and pour the oat crumble on top. Top with the nuts
·         Bake in the oven on gas mark 4 for 20 minutes
I served this with natural set yogurt, adding extra cinnamon, but you can have this with almond or coconut milk, like muesli. If you’re going for milk, I’d suggest 20ml per serving. The spices make this dish so warming and it’s like having comfort food for breakfast – perfect!

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig