I Quit Sugar | Sweet potato brownies



I’m currently in love with sweet potato, as chips or mash, it’s divine, but even better than that – you can cook with it! I saw this recipe online and just had to give it a go, even though I don’t own a slow cooker. The mix of sweet potato and coconut flour helps to retain that gooey, fudgy texture and the high cocoa content makes it rich. This recipe will make 12-16 portions, dependent on how chunky you slice it.
 Ingredients
·         3 tbs coconut flour
·         2 tbs raw cacao powder
·         ½ tsp vanilla extract
·         ¼ tsp baking powder (ideally gluten free)
·         ¼ tsp cinnamon
·         Pinch of sea salt
·         50g dark (80% cocoa) chocolate, chopped
·         1 large sweet potato, skinned and mashed
·         3 eggs, whisked
·         50g coconut oil

Method
·         Line the tray with greaseproof paper and preheat the oven to gas mark 4 or 180C
·         Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl and all the wet ingredients in another
·         Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones and mix well
·         Pour onto your tray and spread evenly
·         Cook for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
I topped my mix with chopped almonds, before putting into the oven, for added texture. Walnuts would work equally as well. As you can see, my brownies came out quite flat due to the large tray I used – a small loaf tin would work well, or even cupcake cases. The brownies will keep in an airtight container for a maximum of four days, but I’m sure they can be frozen.

Will you be trying thin sin-free equivalent of a sweet favourite? Let me know if you do – I’d love to hear how they turn out.

1 comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig