Splurge vs Steal IV



This month, it’s all about eye creams.
Splurge vs Steal
Splurge vs Steal
Splurge –
Benefit It’s Potent eye cream (£25.50 for 14.2g)

Steal –
Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening eye cream (£5.99 for 15ml – currently £3.99)

First impressions?
Benefit – this is typical Benefit: cute but eye-catching packaging. I’m not too keen on pots when it comes to facial care and I can only just stick my chubby fingers in the pot – this will be more suited to apply by cotton bud. If I didn’t own so much stuff, this would look lovely sitting on my dresser

Superdrug – this is standard Superdrug, quite basic and the packaging is plain in design. As this product is in a squeezy tube, it looks as though it would be easier to apply and as it stands up, there’s no chance of cream ever getting caught at the wrong end of the tube

Consistency?
Benefit – it isn’t very runny, which is a good thing as it makes it much easier to apply. It’s similar to a night cream or general moisturiser

Superdrug – this is quite runny and although you can get the right amount from the tube, it’s harder to apply

Scent?
Benefit – is it me or does this have an alcoholic smell; it’s kind of like whiskey, which is so off-putting. You don’t notice it so much when it’s on, but it’s quite an unpleasant smell in the pot

Superdrug – this product is totally unscented, which is a shame because it contains mulberry and kiwi extracts like the serum, which smells amazing! At least it’s better than smelling like alcohol...

Results?
Benefit – I found the Benefit eye cream really did help to reduce dark circles under my eyes, which is good, ‘cos I’ve been feeling so tired lately. This was okay for the first couple of weeks, but after then, my eyes started sting when applied it – I’ve read lots of people have had that problem too

Superdrug – Although my eye area felt smoother, I didn’t feel as though my skin was brighter. This didn’t irritate and I found this was more effective both above and under the eye

Verdict?
I love the Naturally Radiant range by Superdrug: it’s affordable, it’s effective and it’s great for any type of skin. This product is no different and it’s such great value for money too. Although some may like to splurge on a product they know will last, I’d much rather buy this based on results. The Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening eye cream is this month’s winner.

Potential saving = £21.51

My saving so far = +£35.02

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig