July favourites



Favourites, Beauty, Lush, Bath Bomb, Clinique, Mascara, Real Techniques, Brushes, MUA, Bumble & Bumble, Hair Care, Make up
Firstly, I cannot believe that Lush have discontinued their Granny takes a dip bath bomb – what were they thinking?! It’s one of their most popular products and I’m so glad I stocked up before they left our shelves. The beautiful kaleidoscope of colours, relaxing citrusy scent and the way it calms and soothes the skin – this bomb could do no wrong. It also takes a good 10 minutes to fully dissolve. Any other Lushies as sad as me?

I keep meaning to write a post about this incredible mascara. I received the Clinique High Impact mascara in a Latest in Beauty box a few months back now and I didn’t get round to using it straight away as I had other mascaras to use first. This has become a firm favourite of mine (as you may have seen on my Instagram account). It lengthens, thickens and curls, there’s no need for fibre lashes or falsies and separates lashes without being clumpy or spidery. I’ll definitely be repurchasing this (and it’s available here).

Another favourite this month is another product from the LIB Clinique collab – and it’s the eye makeup remover. This product is similar to my fave by Clarins, in that it’s oil-based and only a small amount is needed. It’s great for removing thick eyeshadow, or layers or eyeliner and mascara. I normally only need two pads per eye and it removes all the dirt and grime for the surrounding eye area too. This could well be my new favourite (it’s £2 cheaper than the Clarins one, too!).

Either Sheerluxe or Emerald Street sent me the samples of Bumble & Bumble thickening shampoo and conditioner. I don’t think I could ever justify spending £18 on a bottle of shampoo, but I’ve loved trialling the product. My hair is naturally quite thick, it just lacks volume and is damaged quite easily. I used this a week before I was due to have a haircut and found it made my locks look a lot more healthy and voluminous. It has a really love, luxurious scent. I still can’t justify spending that much money – despite how good both the shampoo and conditioner were.

I recently bought the Real Techniques Core Collection brushes and have been obsessed with them ever since. I need to up my brush game a little bit more but these have certainly filled a void; where was my life at before? The pointed foundation brush is by far my favourite – it’s great for building even coverage. The carry case is handy for taking on weekends away and holidays; I love to have all my brushes in one place and the kit is definitely toiletry bag friendly. Which other brushes do you recommend?

What were your July favourites?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig