Chill – no more bad hair days



Haircare, Beauty, Chill, Ed Repair, Damaged hair, BBloggers,
Haircare, Beauty, Chill, Ed Repair, Damaged hair, BBloggers,
When it comes to my hair, I’m the worst person alive and I’m sure my hairdresser agrees. I’ve had it same style since forever, occasionally I may get a side fringe cut in, but I don’t have the patience to maintain it. I love my GHDs, but my hair doesn’t love them – despite how much heat defence spray or split end oil I use. I used to colour my hair twice a year, that’s become a bit more frequent now I use semi-permanent box dye. Plus, it’s been forever since I’ve had my hair cut, because I don’t trust anyone but my hairdresser and she’s on mat leave. Feel my pain.

Luckily, I’ve come across a new range of products perfect for damaged hair – Chill Ed Repair*. The range consists of a shampoo, conditioner and treatment, all designed to reconstruct. I use the shampoo and conditioner regularly, alternating with my usual Herbal Essences products – but treat my tresses to the treatment once a week, where I’ve already noticed a massive difference.

First of all, I love the packaging: bold, colourful and to the point. There’s no mixed messages or loads of unnecessary text, it would certainly stand out amongst other products. The only downside, I feel, is the feel of the bottles – it’s not a sturdy plastic and feels as though it’d split, should you drop the bottles in the shower. All three products look the same and when you look at the Chill branding, it’s something that runs across the entire range. These particular products are yellow; the ones specifically for brunette hair are brown, red for red heads and purple for blondes. All have the cute stars and a clear indication of what the product is. My three bottles look so cute lined up in the bathroom.

The scent, well it’s beautiful. It really reminds me of something, but I can’t put my finger on it. Let’s just say it’s more luxurious than the packaging may suggest. If I was to compare it to other products on the market, I’d say TREsemme or Aussie Hair. The best thing is, a little goes a long way!

Beginning with the shampoo, I was impressed with how easy it was to create a thick lather. This makes a perfect base when wanting to wash out hairspray, as it would easily remove it. I felt like my hair was really clean with only one rinse. As per the back of the bottle, I combed through the conditioner and left it for two minutes. Once washed out, my hair already felt softer, knot-free and the ends less brittle. That’s before using the treatment! After rough drying my hair, I added the treatment to the mids and ends, applying liberally. Chill recommend leaving it in for five minutes, so I twisted my hair in a bun to soak up the moisture and read a chapter of my book! You could also wrap it in a towel, shower cap or similar.

Once rinsed, dried and styled, I couldn’t believe how good my hair looked – so much healthier to the eye and the touch, the ends weren’t noticeably split and even looked shinier! Usually once blow-dried, it feels almost straw-like, but this really wasn’t the case and I even got compliments the next day!

You can buy Chill direct: shampoo (£9.99 for 250ml), conditioner (£9.99 for 200ml) and the treatment (£10.99 for 150ml). I would definitely purchase this range again, particularly the hair mask.

Have you heard of Chill before?

Love, Lucy xx


*These products were included in a goodie bag, but while I didnt pay for it, opinions are my own

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig