Recipe | Baked Breakfast Oats



This is a recipe I’ve wanted to share for a couple of weeks now and if you’ve seen my Instagram you’ll know I’ve been loving baked oats! A lot of the girls at work have been talking about them, a couple are on Slimming World and the others are right gym bunnies at the minute – but a quick Google search will find countless recipes. I’ve been experimenting with different flavours and quantities, so here are the first two I’ve tried.

Blueberry baked oats – makes 4; serving size 2
Ingredients
·         70g oats
·         100ml unsweetened almond milk
·         1 stick (4g) Natvia sweetener
·         Couple of drops vanilla essence
·         1 egg
·         40g blueberries
Chocolate banana baked oats – makes 6, serving size 3
Ingredients
·         70g oats
·         100ml unsweetened almond milk
·         1 stick (4g) Natvia sweetener
·         Couple of drops vanilla essence
·         1 egg
·         1 banana
·         2 tsp Green & Black’s organic cocoa (or equivalent)
·         ½ tsp cinnamon
Method
·         Beat the egg and add all wet ingredients in a mixing bowl
·         Add the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly
·         Using a muffin or baking tray, place cake cases
·         Spoon the mixture into each case
·         Bake on gas mark 6 for 25-30 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and bottoms are cooked. If the bottoms are soggy, take out the cases and bake upside down for a further 5 minutes
·         Serve on own, or with yogurt/fruit/whatever you wish

This is such a quick and easy recipe which can easily be made the night before. Keeping the oats in an air-tight container, they’ll stay fresh for three days – I don’t think I’d make a week’s batch! Next up, I’d love to try almond & raspberry, or cocoa & coconut. I’m feeling really inspired to keep up baking oats, because they are so filling but it almost feels like a treat having them for breakfast.

What are your favourite flavour combinations? Let me know if you try this or any of my other recipes.

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig