Degustabox | March Box



Degustabox, Subscription, Food, Drink,
If youve not heard of Degustabox, then where have you been? Its a food & drink monthly subscription box bringing you 10-15 surprise products, many which are new to the market. When you sign up, you get to fill in your very own profile, meaning a couple of the products may differ. Its actually the highlight of my week when this little beauty arrives on my doorstep so what was in March’s box?

·         A packet of Brioche Pasquier pain au chocolat
·         Two bottles of Weetabix On the Go
·         A carton of A2 milk
·         A packet of Metcalfe’s Skinny Popcorn
·         A pot of Kent’s Kitchen stuffing
·         Four (!) packets of Chewits
·         Two packets of Parle biscuits
·         A bag of Pipers crisps
·         A Lindt white chocolate Gold Bunny
·         Two packets of Kallo rice cakes
·         A box of Karyatis Meze to Go
Degustabox, Subscription, Food, Drink,
Let’s start with the drinks this month. I don’t drink milk (unless it’s dairy-free), so can’t comment on the A2 milk at all. I gave this to my parents and it’s still unopened and not in the fridge, so not too sure what that’s like. I’d tried Weetabix On the Go before and it’s a fairly decent substitute for when I don’t have time to make a breakfast smoothie, or any kind of breakfast. Although it’s quite sweet for my taste (I’m the sorta girl who doesn’t add sugar or honey to her smoothies), it’s packed full of fibre and protein, so is ideal for those on-the-go.
Degustabox, Subscription, Food, Drink,
The Pipers crisps went down so well with all the family. The cheddar & onion flavour was strong and these proper hand-cooked crisps were super crunchy. I’d go as far as saying they were better than the likes of Kettle Chips and Tyrells. Big ratings. Metcalfe’s was another brand I’d heard of before and tried. I love their Skinny Popcorn. The Cinema Sweet flavour was good, but not a patch on my fav, sweet cinnamon. That stuff is so lush. For guilt-free snacking during a midweek film, you cannot go wrong!
Degustabox, Subscription, Food, Drink,
I had mixed feelings towards the Karyatis Meze to Go. Don’t get me wrong, I love the concept, it’s perfect for a working lunch. I loved the crackers that were packed full of rosemary. But I just didn’t like the dip, not with the crackers and not with the veggie sticks I had chopped. I would be interested to see what other flavour combinations are in the range. The first of the Kallo products were the savoury rice cakes, topped with quinoa and seeds. They were gorgeous with lashings of hummus and made for a substantial lunch. I would definitely buy those again.
Degustabox, Subscription, Food, Drink,
The other product by Kallo were the milk chocolate topped rice cakes – which were also amazing! They weren’t overly sweet or chocolatey and were the perfect afternoon office snack. I have to say on the treats front, the March box totally delivered! The bag of Pasquier pain au chocolat were another product I shared with the family – and we enjoyed the pastries on a Sunday morning. They definitely tasted better when warmed in the oven, too.
Degustabox, Subscription, Food, Drink,
Kent’s Kitchen are a brand that have featured in Degustaboxes before, yet I still haven’t seen any of their products in the supermarket. I gave the rustic red onion and herb stuffing pot to my mum – and I expect to see it with a roast beef Sunday dinner soon!
Degustabox, Subscription, Food, Drink,
And finally look at all these snacks – oh, Degustabox, you are spoiling us!  The Parle Monaco biscuits are supposedly similar to Tuc crackers, so I gave these to dad, as it’s all he seems to eat at the moment. I’m not really a savoury biscuit person. So obviously I didn’t share the Hide & Seek biscuits, also from Parle. These were chocolate chip cookies, in a small rectangle shape and quite frankly, I could have eaten the whole pack in one go. There were four packets of Chewits (two strawberry and two blackcurrant), which got me feeling all nostalgic. Anyone else wish they bring back ice cream flavour immediately?! And to coincide with Easter, there was also space for a white chocolate Lindt Gold Bunny. I’m not lying when I say this is much tastier than the original.

Degustabox have changed the way you can try your first box, with a £7 discount. Either follow this link. Or go to the website and enter my special reference code: LUCYW-2B19. Enjoy!

What were your thoughts on the March box?

Love, Lucy xx

1 comment

  1. Great post! Never heard of this before so it was really interesting! ;) www.katejessicayoung.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig