OOTD | Summer Lovin’ & a Birthday Lunch

OOTD, Outfit, Summer, In Love With Fashion, Accessorize, Cherry Diva, Playsuit
OOTD, Outfit, Summer, In Love With Fashion, Accessorize, Cherry Diva, Playsuit
OOTD, Outfit, Summer, In Love With Fashion, Accessorize, Cherry Diva, Playsuit
OOTD, Outfit, Summer, In Love With Fashion, Accessorize, Cherry Diva, Playsuit
Playsuit – In Love With Fashion
Sandals – Accessorize
Clutch – Cherry Diva

Last Saturday marked what would have been my dad’s birthday and we were always planning on going out for lunch. Luckily the weather was absolutely gorgeous and we even got to sit outside. The three of us (me, mum and my brother) went to The Bell at Horndon-on-the-Hill, one of his favourite places (we went there for my birthday) and had a really lovely meal. I won’t be blogging that, but will leave some pictures at the end – because the food was so damn tasty and always looks just as guuurd.

I chose to wear this playsuit, because I had bought it two years ago for my autumn holiday to Portugal and I hadn’t worn it since then (okay, so it had got a little tight!). I was so pleased it fit again, because I love the print and style. It has this slight overlap on the short – not to the extent of being a skort, but it does flap in the wind. The bold Hawaiian print is perfect for summer and I love the brightness of the pink. It’s a simple zip at the back, so no worries with messing around with buttons or poppers. I’m definitely going to be packing this playsuit for my holiday to Madrid and I really need to invest in more playsuits and co-ords... they’re just the easiest items to pack, aren’t they?

The walk from the car park to the pub can be a bit of a mish, so I decided on flats and just some simple sandals, to show off my tan and pedi. I buy all of my sandals at Accessorize and usually when I’m at the airport. These ones have lasted a year and I just find them so comfortable.

As we were going to the garden centre and burial ground after, I went with the little clutch as all I needed was my phone and debit card. I’ve featured this little number in outfit posts before and while some of the sequins are starting to fall off, it’s just the perfect size for ‘essentials’. I didn’t really need a bag, but I’m not a fan of going out carrying my phone!

So, to the food. I had the rocket pesto chicken salad, which came with roasted peppers, chickpeas and a cheese similar to mozzarella. It was truly divine and a perfect summer salad. It was so filling, but I still managed to save room for dessert – the dessert menus are always impressive. I lucked out with a coffee baked Alaska on chocolate brownie base, with raspberries and chocolate ‘soil’. Very rich and sickly, but good nonetheless! It was a good job I’d only had a salad!
The Bell, Horndon on the Hill, Essex, Pub, Lunch, Rural
The Bell, Horndon on the Hill, Essex, Pub, Lunch, Rural
Where do you shop your summer style?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig