Degustabox | August box

Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
If youve not heard of Degustabox, then where have you been? Its a food & drink monthly subscription box bringing you 10-15 surprise products, many which are new to the market. When you sign up, you get to fill in your very own profile, meaning a couple of the products may differ. Its actually the highlight of my week when this little beauty arrives on my doorstep so what was in August’s box?

·         A bottle of Tabasco Sweet & Sticky Barbecue Sauce
·         A box of Clipper Green Tea with lime
·         A pot of Nutripot Aromatic Thai Noodles
·         A pot of Nutripot Moroccan Couscous
·         A box of Dorset Cereals Bircher Muesli
·         A bottle of Get More Multivitamins spring water
·         A pouch of Olove Olives
·         A bottle of Mahou Cinco Estrellas
·         A pouch of Capsicana cooking sauce
·         A packet of Willy Chase’s Fit Corn
·         Two packets of Rakusen’s Snackers
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
I’m starting with the drinks again this month and was so pleased to find a box of Clipper Green Tea in the August box. I regularly buy Clipper tea and have previously tried the lime variety (as well as the lemon, mango and mint) so knew what to expect. I would definitely purchase this again – the flavour is strong, not too bitter and I always keep a box or two in my top drawer at work. The sparkling Get More Multivitamins lemon & lime water was nice too. I wasn’t a fan of the artificial sweeteners, but a product with ‘added health benefits’ will always be a hit with me. I didn’t try the Mahou Cinco Estrellas lager, as I don’t really drink beer – I know my mum or brother will enjoy this and I’m sure they would have had this in Spain before!
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
Of the two sauces included in this month’s box, we’ve only tried one so far. For me, it’s far too cold to be using the Tabasco Sweet & Sticky Barbecue Sauce. Hopefully it’ll keep until next year! However, the Peruvian chilli & lemon cooking sauce from Capsicana was absolutely lovely. It made a great family meal with chicken, onion and peppers – served with rice. I’d buy this again, or even try one of the other varieties on offer.
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
This month’s ‘winning product’ has to be the Dorset Cereals Bircher Muesli. I realise I’m so late to this foodie trend, but wow! I loved the mix of seeds and dried fruit in this mix and I’ve been eating it every morning before work – leaving it to soak while on my commute. I’m yet to try this soaked in apple juice... does it make that much difference? Do I need to try it?
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
From the good, to the bad – and I was massively disappointed by the Nutripots offerings. I tried the Moroccan couscous one lunch time at work and just found it so boring – the texture was mulchy, the flavour was so bland and it has this really cardboard-y after taste. With that in mind, I’m too scared to try the other flavour: aromatic Thai noodles. I don’t like slim noodles or any of those ‘no carb’ alternatives, so really don’t have high hopes for that one. I love olives when on holiday, but it’s definitely not the right weather for them now – I will definitely enjoy snacking on the Oloves, which have been marinated in chilli & oregano.
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
I love popcorn. I love all those healthy equivalents – Metcalfe’s, Sunbites, Portlebay, Propercorn, I’ve tried them all. My favourite flavour is sweet & salty. With that in mind, I had high hopes for the Willy Chase’s Fit Corn. On paper, the salted honey flavour should have been right up my street – but I hated it. It was neither sweet, nor salty and I just found it so boring and unusual. The final products were two packets of crackers. The Rakusen’s Snackers included were original and gluten-free – with both coming in at 7kcal per cracker. These will be great now it’s getting colder and will accompany my lunchtime soup nicely.

Try your first box, with a £7 discount. Either follow this link. Or go to the website and enter my special reference code: LUCYW-2B19. Enjoy!

What were your thoughts on the August box?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig