Blogmas #14 Degustabox | Christmas Box

Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
On the fourteenth day of Blogmas... I have my monthly Degustabox post review. Despite arriving at the end of November, this month’s box was named the ‘Christmas Box’, so as you’d expect there were some seasonal products and plenty of treats.

If youve not heard of Degustabox, then where have you been? Its a food & drink monthly subscription box bringing you 10-15 surprise products, many which are new to the market. When you sign up, you get to fill in your very own profile, meaning a couple of the products may differ. Its actually the highlight of my week when this little beauty arrives on my doorstep so what was in November’s box?

·         Two packets of Hartley’s glitter jelly
·         A packet of Christian Potier sauce
·         A packet of Butterkist choc mallow popcorn
·         A packet of Butterkist sweet cinema style popcorn
·         A box of Ryvita Thins
·         A box of Ryvita Crackers
·         A bag of Pipers crisps
·         A packet of Jules Destrooper butter crisps
·         A bottle of J2O Glitterberry
·         Two bottles of The Good Cider
·         A packet of Michel et Augustin cookie squares
·         A Broderick's slam dunk peanut chunk bar
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
Starting with the drinks this month and the Glitterberry J2O was absolutely lovely. I’d seen it in shops before, but never actually bought it. The grape and cherry flavour was strong and obviously I loved the addition of the glitter. My mum has since bought the product, so thank you Degustabox. The Good Cider have featured previously and this time there were two new flavours of cider to try: strawberry & lime and wild berry. I’m yet to sample either of these, but I’m sure I will like them. I love the packaging, which is really simple.
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
There were plenty of snacks in this month’s box, so let’s get stuck in! The Broderick's slam dunk peanut chunk bar was very sickly, but still enjoyable – I just couldn’t eat it all in one sitting. A mix of peanuts, rice krispies, chocolate and peanut butter come together to make up a layered bar, similar to Rocky Road. By contrast, the Jules Destrooper butter crisps were light and ever so moreish. They reminded me of Belgium so much – and I’m sure I saw further products from the range when I was out there. The Michel et Augustin cookie squares were absolutely unreal and it was difficult not eating all four in under a minute! I will definitely buy these again – I loved the contrast between the buttery biscuit, dark chocolate and coarse sea salt.
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
Butterkist are well-known and popular brand, so I knew what to expect when I received two of their products: the cinema sweet popcorn and slightly more luxe, choc mallow popcorn. The former wasn’t sweet enough for my liking, but then I’m not a fan of cinema popcorn. The choc mallow variety was much better, although I know it would be too sweet for some tastes. I actually really enjoyed the Pipers crisps, even though the flavour (wild thyme & rosemary) was unusual and not something I would usually opt for. I love ‘hand cooked’ crisps and these were packed full of flavour and crunch.
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
Ryvita are another brand I’m very familiar with and while I despise the ‘cardboard’ crisp breads, the crackers and thins are both lovely – luckily we had a box of each to sample! I’ve bought the thins numerous times but are yet to try this particular flavour (caramelised onion) – they’ll be lovely dipped in baked cheese, or as a nibble with drinks over the festive season. The black pepper crackers are quite strong in flavour but are incredibly versatile. I’ve taken these to lunch to have with soup, or cheese. I haven’t yet tried the hollandaise sauce by Christian Potier, but I don’t even know if I like hollandaise? Maybe I’ll have to whip up some eggs Benedict for the family one weekend?
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
And finally, in last Christmas’ box, there was a packet of Hartley’s glitter jelly (strawberry) and I really enjoyed it. I do love jelly anyway, especially the strawberry variety and the addition of glitter made me so happy. There are another two flavours to try (raspberry and mixed berry) and I cannot wait to try them. I’ll probably make these in individual pots with some fresh fruit.

Try your first box, with a £7 discount. Either follow this link. Or go to the website and enter my special reference code: LUCYW-2B19. Enjoy!

What were your thoughts on the Christmas box?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig