Degustabox | January Box

Food, Drink, Degustabox, Subscription,
If youve not heard of Degustabox, then where have you been? Its a food & drink monthly subscription box bringing you 10-15 surprise products, many which are new to the market. When you sign up, you get to fill in your very own profile, meaning a couple of the products may differ. Its actually the highlight of my week when this little beauty arrives on my doorstep so what was in January’s box?

·         A jar of We Are Little’s coffee
·         Two cans of Aspire Drinks
·         A packet of Finn Crisp crispbreads
·         A tub of Natvia sweetener
·         A bottle of Protein Boost
·         A packet of Propercorn Crunch Corn
·         A packet of Fruittella 30% less sugar
·         A packet of Yushoi Snapea rice snacks
·         A can of Crabbie’s ginger beer
·         A packet of Popchips Ridges
·         Two sachets of The Chia Co chia seeds
Food, Drink, Degustabox, Subscription,
There were lots of drinks in this month’s box, which was a nice surprise and the pick of the bunch was the Little’s coffee. I’d tried the vanilla flavour before, so was pleased to have the other variety: coconut, in my box. Surprisingly coconut and coffee works together and as there was a slight natural sweetness, there was no need to add sugar. This has certainly perked me up in the mornings. The Aspire drinks were interesting – with zero sugar and calories, there was no compromise on flavour. Although I found the cranberry can quite sour, the mango lemonade was lush! I’d never had ginger beer before, but the can of Crabbie’s, flavoured with raspberry was divine. It would probably be suited to a warmer day over ice, but it was nice nonetheless. And the Protein Boost I'm yet to try, but I'm likely to drink it after a work-out, or even use it to make baked proats!
Food, Drink, Degustabox, Subscription,
By stark contrast, the savoury snacks were quite disappointing this month. I’d previously bought Popchips and I think I’ve had the majority of the range. I loved the ridge-cut chips, but unfortunately the flavour – crazy hot – was just that! I don’t really like spicy food, so I found the snacks basically inedible. But even my mum and brother said it was a little extreme – think 50 times hotter than flamin’ hot Monster Munch! Similarly, I’d had some of the Yushoi Snapea rice sticks range before – but again the flavour (coconut & chilli) just did nothing for me. Give me salt & vinegar or meat any day! However, no matter how much I love salty snacks, salted popcorn for me is a massive no-no; I really didn’t enjoy the Propercorn Crunch Corn. I’d be willing to try one of the other flavours though...
Food, Drink, Degustabox, Subscription,
I don’t eat artificial sugar or sweetener, so the pot of Natvia sweetener will either sit in our cupboard, or I’ll take it to work. I wish Degustabox would ask for your preferences more often, so you’re more inclined to receive products you’re interested in, or actually like! The two Chia Co chia seed sachets were perfect for my healthy breakfasts – I’ve got a real thing about baked oats at the minute (except a post later in the week!). And the Finn Crisp crispbreads were an excellent accompaniment to my working lunches – whether it’s soup or salad. I loved the combination of salt and seeds.
Food, Drink, Degustabox, Subscription,
But this month’s winning item, undoubtedly, has to be the share-size pouch of Fruittella 30% less sugar. Strawberry is my favourite flavour when it comes to sweets and because these contained less sugar, I was more inclined to eat a third more than I usually would. Needless to say, I didn’t share and the bag lasted about three days... whoops! Where I’ve been eating healthy, I’ve significantly cut down on sweets, so this was a well-deserved treat!

Try your first box, with a £7 discount. Either follow this link. Or go to the website and enter my special reference code: LUCYW-2B19. Enjoy!

What were your thoughts on January’s box?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig