January Favourites

Mulberry, Espa, Charlotte Tilbury, Studio 10, Beauty, Fashion, High End
Mulberry, Espa, Charlotte Tilbury, Studio 10, Beauty, Fashion, High End
Another month, another favourites post – although this one should probably come with a warning, it may as well be the high-end edit! Eek!

The first two things I’m currently (and will be forever) besotted with, are my Mulberry scarf and purse – you may have already seen them both on my Instagram. Ashley bought me the scarf for Christmas. It’s in a gorgeous pink shade, Mulberry call macaroon, which just makes me love it even more. Can we just take a moment to appreciate how utterly gorgeous it is *heart eye emojis here*. The colour is definitely me and I’ve worn it to work a handful of times already – I’ve even been told it makes me look sophisticated! I treated myself to the purse I wanted (the one on my Christmas list) just after New Year, before forgetting what an expensive month January is. It’s the Continental wallet in clay – and grainy leather! It’s quite possibly the best thing I have ever purchased and it’s the perfect size, especially for all of my cards. Next on my list is a handbag, but as I’m saving to move out next year, I think I’ll have to wait a while...

Back at the end of December, I went on a spa day at Whittlebury Hall, where I had the most amazing facial. The therapist recommended the Espa 24-hour replenishing eye cream, which she used during the treatment. As I’d yet to find an eye cream that actually works, I decided to buy it and I’m so glad I did – I have noticed the difference almost immediately. My eyes often look tired, with dryness and the start of small wrinkles appearing. The skin around my eye area looks a lot more radiant now, the dullness has also gone and I no longer have ‘old eyes’ (as the therapist so politely put it). Although on the pricy side, I’ll buy this again if it last longer than four months!

Another Christmas present that I’ve been using a fair bit, is my favourite current lipstick. I feel like I have a monthly favourite lipstick at the moment. My brother bought me two of the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks I’d been lusting over since I-don’t-know-when. Lost Cherry is gorge and part of the matte revolution range. On the website, it’s described as a fuchsia shade, but it’s not really a pinky-purple – but perfect for providing a pop of colour. The formula is buildable and the colour is long-lasting. I do find after a while, it doesn’t have as much of an impact, but at least it’s not dry and grainy like other matte lipsticks. I deffo need to up my CT collection!

And finally, the Studio 10 Miracle Effect Priming Serum is a product that’s been sat on my side table for far too long, unopened. I’d previously been using a hydration boost in the mornings, as opposed to a serum and I found that it actually made my makeup ‘slide’. I can’t believe how much more flawless my makeup is, since I’ve started using this product – and when I don’t use a fixing spray or powder, it lasts so much longer than it previously would. If anyone has any good recommendations for a drugstore equivalent, please let me know, as I don’t think I could justify buying this at full price.

What were your January favourites?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig