Protein pancakes are fast becoming my favourite weekend brunch food. We made them for the first time two weeks ago and they turned out fairly well, so gave them a go again last weekend. They’re incredibly easy to make and so filling. We usually stack them up and share a portion between us. You can of course use whatever flavour protein you have and then add an array of toppings. We kept it simple with yogurt and berries. But they are SO Instagrammable!
This recipe makes five pancakes.
· 1 banana
· 1 scoop whey protein (we used chocolate)
· 2 eggs
· 25g rolled oats
· 3 dessert spoons yogurt
· Selection of berries (we used strawberries and blueberries)
· Put the banana, whey protein, eggs and oats in a blender and blitz until it forms a batter
· Heat coconut oil/fry light in a frying pan
· Add two tablespoons of the mixture to the pan per pancake and cook on each side for a minute
· Repeat until all the mixture has been used and stack
· Serve with your choice of toppings
To make the pancakes perfectly round and equal size, I used a small frying pan designed to cook individual fried eggs. This worked loads better than a standard pan and it was easy to flip them, too. You can buy a similar one, here.
Please let me know if you try this, or any of my other recipes.
Love, Lucy xx