Degustabox | February Box



Food, Drink, Degustabox, Subscription,
If youve not heard of Degustabox, then where have you been? Its a food & drink monthly subscription box bringing you 10-15 surprise products, many which are new to the market. When you sign up, you get to fill in your very own profile, meaning a couple of the products may differ. Its actually the highlight of my week when this little beauty arrives on my doorstep so what was in February’s box?

·         A carton of Koko Dairy Free milk
·         Two tins of Heinz No Added Sugar beans
·         A pot of Kabuto noodles
·         A bag of Bebeto Cheesecake gummies
·         A bag of Bebeto Candy Crush gummies
·         A bottle of Blossom Hill Fruit Bloom wine
·         A packet of Peppersmith mints
·         A bottle of Coldpress juice
·         A packet of New York Delhi Americanos
·         A Diablo No Added Sugar chocolate wafer
·         A bag of Willy Chase’s FitCorn
·         A pouch of Maui & Sons banana chips
Food, Drink, Degustabox, Subscription,
As usual, let’s start with the drinks in this month’s box. It’s no secret that I’m partial to a glass (or bottle!) of wine and although I’d had fruit varieties in the past, I’d not tried anything from Blossom Hill’s Fruit Bloom range. I received the rosé with summer fruits which was beaut. It’d be perfect on a summer’s day or over ice. I’ve bought the Koko Dairy Free milk a number of times and while I don’t particularly enjoy the taste of it on its own, it’s lovely when used in smoothies, porridge or baking. And I’m yet to try the Coldpress Berry Beets Juice, but I really don’t know how I feel about it. I made a smoothie with beet before and found it an acquired taste.
Food, Drink, Degustabox, Subscription,
Kabuto are a brand Degustas are familiar with and the noodle pots have featured in a number of previous boxes. This vegetable laksa pot was flavoursome and I added prawns to it, to make it a more substantial meal. This isn’t something I’d eat or even buy often – and I’m certainly not running out to buy this again; Laksa from scratch is fairly simple. There were two tins of Heinz No Added Sugar beans in this month’s box and again, while they’re not something I eat often, they’re a cupboard staple and the smaller tins will make for a lazy dinner. I find the original sauce too sweet, so hopefully this ‘healthier’ equivalent will prove more popular.
Food, Drink, Degustabox, Subscription,
The rest of the box was perfect for snackers and there were plenty of sweet treats, which I loved. First up though, there’s a savoury offering from Willy Chase. I received the salted honey flavour of FitCorn in a previous box and really didn’t like it. I’m not usually one for savoury popcorn, but this was the perfect replacement for crisps at work – and the combination of flavours worked so well. The dark chocolate banana chips were another work snack I enjoyed. They were light, crisp and incredibly moreish – I could have easily eaten the whole bag in one go. I hadn’t heard of Maui & Sons before but I’m interested in seeing what other ‘healthy’ snacks they sell.
Food, Drink, Degustabox, Subscription,
The Bebeto Cheesecake gummies were probably my product of the month. I love cheesecake and I love sweets, so it didn’t get much better! I just can’t believe they actually tasted like all the elements of a cheesecake! However, I found the Bebeto Candy Crush gummies very gimmicky and the sweets inside the bag didn’t match those on the packaging. I’m sure fans of the game would appreciate this, but it really wasn’t for me. The chocolate coated coffee beans by New York Delhi were interesting, but had quite a bitter aftertaste. They’d make a great topping for a cheesecake or cupcake though. I didn’t enjoy the Diablo chocolate wafer, not because of the lack of sugar, but because the wafer was so soft and it really didn’t taste chocolate-y. Finally, the Peppersmith mints were enjoyable – I had seen them before but had never bought them. I would buy them again.

Try your first box, with a £7 discount. Either follow this link. Or go to the website and enter my special reference code: LUCYW-2B19. Enjoy!

What were your thoughts on February’s box?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig