April Favourites

April, Favourites, BBloggers, LBloggers, FBloggers, Silk Fred, Pink Boutique, Yankee Candle, Maddi Alexander
I’m loving that spring is in full swing and my monthly favourites definitely reflects that. I’m already on holiday countdown – just under four weeks away – which means summer is on its way, even if it doesn’t feel like that yet!

Spring/Summer scented Yankee Candles are my go-to in the evenings and I’m constantly burning candles – whether they are Yankee votives, or my larger Prosecco jars. There’s nothing more relaxing than lighting a candle and blogging or reading in bed. My current favourites are Peony (such a delicate floral fragrance), Sicilian Lemon (which makes me excited to go to Italy) and Cassis (vibrant in colour and smell, it’s lush).

I’ve got two favourite items of clothing that I cannot stop wearing – obviously not together, though! The chiffon blouse with floaty shoulders is from Silk Fred and I actually first saw it on a Facebook advert. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it – the material looked so light and I loved the colourful teardrop print. I’ve been dressing it down with jeans quite a lot, but also have some blue cigarette trousers which I can wear for work... I just need to get a pair of shoes to complete the outfit. I also love the white floral print trousers, which I think are from Pink Boutique (last year). They are so comfortable to wear and are perfect for day-to-night. I wore these most recently for Poppy’s birthday celebrations but I’ll definitely be wearing them to work once the weather gets better, with sandals.

As you can see by the empty bottle, I’ve been using the Maddi Alexander Frivolous bath oil a lot – my mum gave me this sample size, but I’ll definitely be purchasing the full-size product. I find it perfect for a long, relaxing soak and only a few drops are needed. It soaks well into the skin, keeping it moisturised, rather than greasy. The scent is a lovely combination of citrus fruits and bergamot oils – which are massively invigorating, while also soothing the body and mind, so perfect for de-stressing.

Still on the subject of de-stressing, I’ve got a bit of an obsession with adult colouring at the moment and try and complete three hours a week to help me unwind in the evenings. I alternate the nights that I blog or use my computer and then go technology-free, so colour or read! It’s great for whiling away the time in the evening. There must also be some kind of correlation between how you are feeling and the colours you use/patterns you choose the colour. This book has over120 pages and will last me absolutely ages!

What were your April favourites?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig