Degustabox | BBQ Box

Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
If youve not heard of Degustabox, then where have you been? Its a food & drink monthly subscription box bringing you 10-15 surprise products, many of which are new to the market. When you sign up, you get to fill in your very own profile, meaning a couple of the products may differ. Its actually the highlight of my week when this little beauty arrives on my doorstep so (much later than planned) what was in June’s box (themed a BBQ box)?

·         A bottle of Eisberg Sauvignon Blanc alcohol-free wine
·         A sachet of Capsicana Brazilian chiili & coconut quick cook sauce
·         Two bags of Haribo Summer Frenzy
·         A packet of Spoon apple & peanut granola
·         A packet of Walkers shortbread Scottie dogs
·         A packet of Original Os cumin & sesame nibbles
·         A packet of Superdrug Light Bites – mango with yogurt fruit chips
·         A Superdrug Light Bites – superfood fruit bar
·         Two sachets of Schwartz Authentic American flavour seasonings
·         Two cans of Westons cider
·         A bottle of Berry Whites organic drink
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
Last month’s box was themed a ‘BBQ box’ and there were plenty of items perfect for barbecue season, or even for summer garden parties and picnics. As always, let’s begin with the drinks... Unfortunately, I couldn’t try the two cans of Westons cider, but the two fruit flavours (damson and rhubarb) sound really good – and different compared to the usual flavours found in the supermarkets or pubs. I can’t wait to give these a go. Eisberg have featured in previous boxes, but the mini bottle of Sauvignon Blanc was much-welcomed and I enjoyed mine one Saturday night while everyone else was having a proper drink. I also thoroughly enjoyed the Berry Whites organic lemon & lime soft drink. I’ve not seen it in shops, but would buy it again – it was so refreshing!
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
I’m yet to try any of the sauces or marinades from this box, but there’s plenty to get through. By Schwartz, there were two American-inspired seasonings: spicy buffalo wings and bbq pulled chicken. These will be perfect for barbecuing – I absolutely love chicken wings, too! I was even fortunate enough to receive three sachets, rather than two... winner! The other cooking sauce may be too hot for my tastes, but sounds delicious nonetheless. The Capsicana chilli & coconut sauce will be perfect with chicken and peppers, accompanied by rice; or even used as a sauce in a fish or seafood stew! I think we’ll be giving the former a try this week!
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
There have been plenty of cereals in recent boxes, much to my enjoyment as it’s given me the opportunity to try some things I usually wouldn’t. Spoon’s apple & peanut granola was absolutely lush. I had this over 10 days in 40g portions, with some natural yogurt – and it was so filling, meaning I didn’t need to snack. I would definitely buy this again. Superdrug now have their own range of ‘diet snacks’ and there were two products to try in this box. The freeze-dried mango with yogurt chips were perfect for a sweet fix, although the texture was quite unusual. The superfood bar was packed full of seeds and was naturally sweet. It was enjoyable, but I doubt I’d buy either again.
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
Perfect for pre-barbecue snacks or even as an accompaniment to an aperitif, the Original Os cumin & sesame snacks look good – although I’ve not tried them yet. You can’t go wrong with shortbread though and Walkers are much-loved and respected brand. I loved the Scottie dog shapes, which actually tasted a lot better than the petticoats, but not as good as the original fingers. The only downside was they went soft quite quickly once opened – any excuse to eat the whole box quickly!
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
And finally, my product of the month: Haribo! There were two varieties in the box, both from the summer frenzy range: berry Starmix and ice cream & sorbet Tangfastics. I’d had both before and still couldn’t choose between the two. I ate both bags within three days... it’s little wonder the hospital called me in for a GTT!

Try your first box, with a £7 discount. Either follow this link. Or go to the website and enter my special reference code: LUCYW-2B19. Enjoy!

What were your thoughts on June’s box?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig