Mummy Diaries | Exploring Rushmere Country Park

Rushmere Country Park, Milton Keynes. Park, Mummy Diaries, Day Out
Rushmere Country Park, Milton Keynes. Park, Mummy Diaries, Day Out
Rushmere Country Park, Milton Keynes. Park, Mummy Diaries, Day Out
Friday 17 November 2017

I am so thankful for the Seesaw app – Ashley recommended it – which tells you about classes, things to do and what’s on in your area. You can filter by interests, your child(ren)’s age(s) and whether you want the search to include adult-only events. Thanks to the app, I found out there was a country park just a few miles down the road.

Now I made a big mistake the first time I planned on visiting. The app said the park was free – well duh, it’s a park – but there is a £3 charge for car parking. You pay on the exit, but the machine only accepts coins and the exact change. I, of course, didn’t have the correct money, so turned around in the entrance, drove home and sulked. This time was a lot more successful... I made it in!

Anyone that knows me will know my sense of direction is truly terrible and if I’m totally honest, large open parks fill me with dread. I’m the sort of person to lose my car in Tesco car park, so not only do I worry I won’t find my car, I also worry I won’t even make it back to the car park! I had a quick look at the map by the entrance and noticed a number of trails... unfortunately, they meant nothing to me! There are routes for dogs, for cyclists, for walkers of all abilities; play areas for children; a heronry (perfect in spring); a visitor centre and a cafe. I’ll definitely return because I didn’t really explore very much – but it means I need to bring Ash with me... there’s no chance of us getting lost then!

I was in fact really fortunate, because I managed to do a small loop without getting lost or panicking. It was a total fluke, mind, I didn’t know which signs to read or follow. It was only about a kilometre so I did it twice, before admitting defeat – it was too cold for both Alfie and I and the terrain wasn’t the best. There were some paths along the way, but also lots of uneven mud and piles of autumn leaves.

I personally love going for walks at this time of year: the bare trees, different coloured leaves, crisp air – providing I’m wrapped up warm. With the park practically on our doorstep, if I’m ever at a loose end, I know I’ve got somewhere I can come to... even if it’s only for an hour!

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig