Instagram #21

Micky Flanagan at the O2 – Lunch at Perrywood Garden Centre – Selfie, ft. the Snapchat filter that I wish was permanently on me – Joe’s chicken pie... lush – Alfie meets his great nanny Vera for the first time – Alfie being cute for nanny Rose – Lunch at Wagamama – The view from Willow Lake – Pumpkin patch at Cressing Barns – Alfie is winter ready – Scones at Merrymeade Tea Rooms – World Prematurity Day

It’s been a while since I did a life update and so much has happened – including the house move. This post will feature Essex and Milton Keynes, so let’s go back to the middle of October.

Ashley and I went to see Micky Flanagan at the O2. He’d wanted to go for ages and I never managed to get tickets. Luckily, more London dates were announced and I snapped up the tickets as soon as they went on sale. I bought them before I knew I was pregnant and if Alfie had been on time, he’d only been a week old and I probably wouldn’t have gone. As it was, we were still in Essex so we left him with my mum for the evening and ‘out out’ we went! It was such a good night, I’d never seen Micky before live and he was hilarious... it was also nice to have a glass (or two!) of wine.

When I was still in Essex, I met up with my work bestie Poppy and her mum for lunch. We went to Perrywood Garden Centre, near Tiptree – and it was so lush. We all had a ploughman’s board, followed by coffee and cake and it was just good to catch up – and for Mumma T to meet Alfie for the first time. I wish we had spent more time at the garden centre, the Christmas shop looked amazing!

The following week, my auntie came to stay with us for a few days and mum planned lots of trips out. On the Monday, we went to Lakeside for a girly shop and lunch – at Wagamama, of course (read: Girly Lunch at Wagamama, Intu Lakeside). We also spent an afternoon at Cressing Barns, which is well worth a visit if you’ve not been before (read: Autumn Afternoon at Cressing Barns).

And then I moved counties and into our first family home and life got busy... well busier! My mummy diaries series will hopefully keep you up to date with the adventures that Alfie and I (and Ashley when he’s not working) get up to. As I mentioned on my New House, New Town post, there’s a lovely lake on the estate, perfect for walks – although it’s way too cold at the moment! It will also be so nice when Alfie is a bit bigger and running about on the mound.

Finally, three weeks ago, I was back in Essex as Alfie had his eight-week check-up and vaccinations. It was a good opportunity to see mum and as you may know, we went for afternoon tea at Merrymeade House in Brentwood (read: Afternoon Tea at Merrymeade House), which was nice. Just a heads up to mummas expecting these jabs, your baby will be inconsolable for a few hours... Alfie was on Calpol for a day and then antibiotics for three (clearing up a chest infection), but his thighs were also swollen for a couple of days. He has his 12-week boosters soon... eek!

So like I say, very busy! But hopefully the new angle on my blog will make interesting reading. I would love to start doing outfit posts, so please let me know if that’s something you’d like to see.

What have you been up to lately?


Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig