Sweet Treats | Blueberry Clafoutis

Is there anything worse than having something leftover and not knowing what to do with it? Well yes, there’s knowing what you’re going to make but not having the utensils and equipment to make it. My current problem – as we only have the basics in our kitchen (alongside the Breville Blend Active and Nespresso Machine!) – but not to worry, thanks to Google, I now know how many dessert spoons convert to grams.

We had an excess of blueberries following several forgotten days of overnight oats and after discarding the ones on the turn, I managed to make a blueberry clafoutis. It was my first attempt, without scales and a mixing bowl and not only was it incredibly easy to make, it was also incredibly tasty! So much so, I wanted to share this recipe. I added it to an Instagram poll and I think the votes finished 70% in favour for seeing this too, so enjoy!

This recipe serves 6.

Ingredients
·         400g blueberries
·         1 tsp honey
·         75g flour
·         100g caster sugar
·         3 large eggs, beaten
·         250ml milk

Method
·         Preheat the oven to 180°C (or gas mark 4)
·         Lightly butter your choice of baking dish and tip the blueberries into base, drizzling with honey
·         Mix the flour and caster sugar together, before forming a well in the centre of the mixture to add the eggs. Mix well
·         Beat in milk a little at a time to form a smooth batter
·         Pour the batter over the blueberries and bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden and puffed up
·         Serve warm, or cooled

I served mine warm with double cream and it was lovely – just missing a dusting of icing sugar.

Please let me know if you try this, or any of my other recipes.

Love, Lucy xx

1 comment

  1. This looks fab and sounds delicious. Well done making it without any scales or anything! X

    ReplyDelete

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig