Alfie’s first Christmas, ft. OOTD

Christmas seems so long ago now. In fact, tomorrow, I’ll be taking down the Christmas cards, boxing up the decorations and saying goodbye to the tree for another year. To be honest, as I’ve got older, I’ve not been overly excited by Christmas – but it’s fair to say it was different this time around. Not only was it Alfie’s first Christmas, it was the first in our family home. I was excited to get the house ready, be with my family and boys and see how spoilt Alfie would be!

Traditions are important to me, especially at Christmas time. I was adamant we’d have a real tree – we never had a pretend one when I was growing up and if I’m honest, I think they’re awful! I was left in charge of decorations and I was really impressed with my first attempt. There was no foil or tack in sight.

Another tradition of ours is Christmas Eve – my mum and brother joined us that day and stayed with us for two nights. We always have ham, egg and chips for dinner. Mum always cooks the ham, glazing it with honey and studding it with cloves. I did some Slimming World chips and fried eggs – and after dinner, we played games. Standard.

On Christmas morning, it was more traditions by beginning the day opening our stockings – yep, at the age of 27, I still have a stocking. My mum even made one for Ashley as well. The little presents were followed by a Champagne breakfast with scrambled eggs on toast (with pancetta, not smoked salmon this year), before the festivities began. Ash’s family then joined us as we opened our presents – which took nearly two hours!

Ash did all the cooking: a three-course meal! We had a whole turkey with roasted vegetables, homemade sausage meat stuffing and giant pigs in blankets. It was incredible and he spent hours in the kitchen preparing and cooking. After so much food and a couple of glasses of Chablis, I was exhausted!
Now to the outfits. I am a firm believer in dressing up for Christmas Day. If you can’t dress up then, when can you? I also can’t think of anything worse than being in photos wearing ‘slobs’. My dad always wore a shirt and smart trousers with a tie; my mum and I most often wear dresses. I bought myself a new one for the occasion: a black sequin bodycon dress from Boohoo. Although the sequins kept getting caught on loose threads restricting my movement, I loved it. It was so glam and the sparkle made me feel even more Christmassy – the hostess with the mostest. I bought Alfie’s all-in-one from Mini Club at Boots and he looked very smart indeed. The bowtie and cravat were a nice touch! I still wish I’d got a photo of us under the Christmas tree, but never mind!

The day was perfect, we were very spoilt, I got some fab polaroids for Alfie’s baby book and I was just so grateful I could share the day with my mum and brother – family are everything.

How did you spend your Christmas?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig