What I got for Christmas 2017

As I’ve got older, Christmas hasn’t been as exciting. It’s no longer about me and for me, it’s about seeing my family’s faces as they open their presents. 2017 was Alfie’s first Christmas and suddenly it was exciting again. However, with a new house and a new baby, there was nothing I really wanted or needed – other than house bits – and so my Christmas list stood at seven items. I was fortunate to receive them all, bar one. But with that in mind, as always, this post isn’t about me bragging or showing off, I was just very fortunate – plus these posts are always my favourite to read!

House bits
My main present from Ashley was this dressing table for our bedroom. I think he was fed up of all my cosmetics and piles of boxes blocking the wardrobe, making the room look messy! I was looking at dressing tables before Christmas and had my eye on a couple... this was one of them! Originally, I wanted a white dresser, but this goes with the rest of our bedroom furniture and I love it. The stool is super comfortable and I sit at it every morning to do my hair and makeup.
I also got some bits from Le Creuset. When we knew we were moving, I had said I wanted all the kitchenware to be Le Creuset, because it’s so long-lasting – but I hadn’t realised how expensive it all was! There was no chance I could have bought it all prior to the move and as mat pay is abysmal, I could only dream of a Le Creuset kitchen. My collection begins with a round casserole pot with lid; two ramekins; and a square roasting tin. I’ve only used the pot so far, to make a Bolognaise and a couple of casseroles, but I’m so pleased (and grateful) he bought them.
My mum bought us a couple of shared presents, for the house. The first is the Nespresso pod holder, which she also filled with pods and decorated with ribbons. I bought Ash the coffee machine as an anniversary present and I knew it would look great in our house – and we must have a year supply of capsules, so now we have somewhere to store them! She also bought us (well it’s gotta be for me!) a wine kit: a cork screw and replacement worm, foil cutter, pump, wine pourer and two stoppers all in one box. It’s such a great idea and gone are the days I can drink a whole bottle of wine or fizz in one go, so it’s certainly going to be used!
Personal bits
I’ll finish off sharing what Ash bought me – although none of it is pictured. On the 23rd December we had our first present: matching pyjamas from Next. Unfortunately, they didn’t have Alfie’s size in a sleep suit, so there was no baby bear... maybe next year? Also from Next were a pair of jeggings – my New Look pair got ruined in the wash, when Ash left a biro in one of his pockets. It was actually fine in the wash, but the dry setting ruined a number of items of clothing. We are also going to see Disney on Ice in a couple of months – I wanted to go a couple of years ago, but we didn’t have time. I went with the uni girls in our final year (at the O2) and it was SO good!

My auntie and uncle bought me one of my favourite perfumes: Dot by Marc Jacobs. I’ve bought it a number of times now and I’m a massive fan of MJ. It sits so nicely on my dresser, with my Daisy collection the other side. Moving on to skin care and my brother bought me my favourite cleanser and toner duo from Clarins. Again, I’ve used the products for years and swear by them now – they’re fab for combination skin, like mine. Although I don’t get much time for self-care, I’ve promised to look after myself more this year. And Robert also bought me the eyebrow pencil I use: Soap & Glory’s 2-in-1 pencil and brush (in Love is Blonde).
I just have to mention these two bits, as he knows me so well. I had seen both items in stores and online but never actually purchased them: prosecco products from Pop a Ball. I got both the bubbles and the shimmer – and just need a special occasion (or excuse!) to pop open the fizz and give them a try!
The final thing I’d love to mention is my present from Alfie. It was the cutest heart locket (my old nickname) with I Love You Mummy engraved in one half and a photo of him in the other. I was genuinely surprised when I opened it and I won’t lie, very nearly shed a tear. It was such a thoughtful gift – and one Ash knew I would love. I wear it every day (only taking it off to shower, gym or sleep) and it’s something I will always treasure... and maybe embarrass Alfie about when he’s older!
As I said in my last post, mum did us all stockings with the usual small items in: sweet treats, shower gel, a Satsuma (standard) and a notebook for me to scribble blog ideas. In terms of smaller items, I also got the most gorgeous 2018 diary, a diffuser, cushion and bedding. Any money we received will no doubt go on house things – as most of the items left are bulky/expensive! At least it’s money well spent.

What did you get for Christmas? Please leave your links below or send them to me on social, I’d love to have a nose!

Love, Lucy xx

2 comments

  1. Such lovely gifts. The dressing table is gorgeous and I am so envious of your le cruset collection! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now obsessed though - every time I'min John Lewis, I want to buy something! xx

      Delete

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig